MATERIAL SELECTION, MATERIAL CHARACTERIZATION
Selecting a suitable material is an essential aspect of the product development process. It involves finding an optimal compromise between commercial and technical requirements when comparing the large number of available materials, with their various modifications, from a diverse range of suppliers.
Due to their many advantageous properties, plastics are replacing other materials, such as metals and ceramics, in many applications. A few key advantages are:
- low weight
- flexibility in shape and function
- corrosion resistance
- cost effectiveness
Furthermore, the available plastics-specific processing technologies enable complicated and elaborately designed plastic parts to be produced to technical perfection in just a few manufacturing steps.
Our material selection specialists are well versed with the methods and test procedures used to obtain laboratory and experimental material data, and the interpretation of this data with regards to later product usage conditions. When selecting the material, they will take into consideration the material properties and their dependence on service life, the sample or component temperature, and the effect of media. Our specialists can also assist you with analyzing cases of material failure.
SIMULATION & ANALYSIS OF PLASTIC COMPONENTS
Simulation & analysis of plastics
- Flow properties of plastics engineering components
- Optimal design of the injection mold: injection molding simulation
PROTOTYPING AND FUNCTIONAL SAMPLES
To ensure and confidently predict the functional capability and fitness for purpose of particular designs and parts, our engineers at INOTECH will produce and deliver realistic functional samples and prototypes.
Prototypes provide a reliable and, in particular, early means of evaluating the component design and allow, if necessary, small corrections to be made before the series production mold is built.
Services in the area of prototyping/functional samples
- Development and design of functional samples and prototypes
- Selection of suitable manufacturers and materials
- Construction and delivery of prototypes
DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN
Systematic component development right through to the production-ready product. We employ sound development principles when developing component/manufacturing solutions, selecting materials, and designing components and assemblies. We also simulate and analyze component loads and manufacturing processes.
Production definition for innovative product development
Product definition is the first step in the product development process and therefore essential for targeted development.
- Concept development
- CAD design
- Quality management
PREPARATION FOR SERIES PRODUCTION
As part of our holistic product development approach, INOTECH offers a comprehensive range of services relating to the planning and preparation for production. We provide support with mold making, manufacturing, assembly, right through to the final product. Independent of our in-house product development department, we can assist manufacturers with the development and construction of manufacturing equipment.
- Project management
- Feasibility studies
- Development and design of manufacturing equipment
- Design (2D and 3D CAD)
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings, exploded views
- Preparation of parts list
- Simulation and analysis (e.g. structural analysis, multi-body simulations)
- Design and optimization of processes and production sequences
- Support with manufacturing and assembly
- Development and construction of molds
- Project management
- Commissioning of molds and trials with suppliers
- Component qualification, part measurement, product certification (e.g. TÜV)
- Process simulation to improve manufacturing processes and part quality
- Costing of molds
- We also develop and construct molds for lightweight parts, e.g. preform molds
ASSEMBLY, INSPECTION AND TEST EQUIPMENT
During the product development process, initial part samples are produced that need to be partially assembled in a future industrialization process. Any required assembly interfaces should therefore be taken into consideration in the early stages of product development.
INOTECH will perform the necessary design and feasibility analysis work for the assembly concept to guarantee a time- and cost-optimized industrialization.
- Test rigs
- Manual assembly workplaces
- Inspection and test equipment
- Assembly aids